Sunday, October 20, 2013

Week 21 - A Big Change!

Dear Family,
This past week has been pretty crazy I am not going to lie. I went from one end of the spectrum to the other within a week. I will start out at the beginning of the week It just like any other day of the week we got to do a lot of service for the members and have a lot of meetings with less actives. Members would have us over for dinner, I was driving around enjoying missionary life comfortably. On Friday we had just finished lunch and service with bro. Rodgers. During the ride home the phone started buzzing, President Richards was calling, I answered the phone and he asks, "Elder Datwyler are your bags packed?" I said "no....why would they be?" then then preceded to tell me to "pack my bags you are going to Inner Harbor Baltimore tomorrow." I packed my bags that night and the next day I was in Inner Harbor. I was emergency transfer for another Elder. 
  
My apartment is straight in the heart of the city of Baltimore its pretty awesome. Here in Baltimore we get to rely on public transportation like the buses, light rail, and metro. Compared to Damascus there is only about a bajillion more things to memorize like bus routes and the millions of roads that make up Americas Finest city. Here in the center of the city, my new companion, Elder Yardly and I are like the only white guys for miles. Its pretty exciting here.  The ward here is pretty sweet, we meet in a business building that has been converted into a ward building. There are like 600 people on the ward roster here about 100 are active, and then anther 100 off and on. So there is plenty of less active work to be done here. We do not go door to door proselyting here due to the risks involved. I saw my first leaner on Monday so that was exciting and sad at the same time.  Being here makes you realize how good of a life you have so be grateful for everything. We do a lot of talking to people on the streets, everyone here is very friendly and is willing to talk with you. So yeah, that's what is going on in my life. I LOVE BALTIMORE CITY
Have a blest week! as they say here in Baltimore.
LOVE YA,
Elder Datwyler


No comments:

Post a Comment