Sunday, October 20, 2013

Week 19 - Pop Eye and Puppy Treats.

Dear Family,
This past week has been great service wise. We started off the week by doing some more service for Brian the bird man, we helped him do his daily routine of mopping the floor and feeding the birds. This time we got to take the fruit/vegetable dishes out to the birds, I tried to feed one of the birds named Pop eye a grape but instead of eating the grape he tried to bite my finger off instead. That was pretty exciting, and only hurt a little bit. On Friday we got to participate in killing chickens with one of the ward members. We were not able to stay the whole time but I was able to kill a couple of them, we caught them, tied up their feet and hung them upside down and then used a pair of loppers to cut off their head. We then took the body and threw it in a plucker machine and out popped a featherless chicken body, we then gutted them. That day they killed 30 chickens and froze 200 pounds of chicken.
For the day of service on the 28th our ward decided to plant trees. So on Saturday morning we met up with a ward member and drove to the nursery to pick up the trees. We picked up 123 trees and brought them to the Church to divide them up. We then spent the rest of the day driving around and planting trees at schools, members houses and less actives homes. It was a lot of fun, and by the end of the day all of the trees were in the ground. We did some sort of service everyday this week. Spiritual thought of the week brought to you by the Book of Mormon.
3rd Nephi 9:14-15
14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will acome unto me ye shall have beternal life. Behold, mine carm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.
15 Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God. I acreated the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. I was with the Father from the beginning. bI am in the Father, and the Father in me; and in me hath the Father glorified his name.
Jesus Christs arm is extended towards everyone and all you have to do is embrace his gospel and endless happiness awaits.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
Elder Datwyler

This is a picture of Pop Eye the pirate bird


This is a picture of me holding the evil rooster named Wasp, he was attacking the children so sister Williamson said off with his head.  





Warning some of the following images are kinda nasty:










like this one: :) hehe


Wait a minute, here you GO, It is puppy treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment