Monday, July 29, 2013

Week 8 - The Big Black Snake and My First Transfer

Dear Family,
This last week was very rainy. It rained at least half the day everyday for the past week until we hit the weekend.  We started the week out great by getting a lot of service in and we had a couple of great team ups with someone from the elders quorum and high priests on Wednesday and Thursday, we also got a lot of visits with less actives in. It is interesting seeing the difference between the old home ward and this ward out here. There is such a bigger focus on missionary work and the members are willing to do it to. It kind of makes me feel bad for ignoring the missionaries back home when they wanted to go on splits . We opened our door in the morning on Friday just to find a 3 foot black snake, when it saw us it quickly slithered up the stars and got out of there. Instead of having small little brown snakes like back home, they have black snakes here. I just completed my first transfer here, that means I have been out in the field for 6 weeks, that is pretty crazy. And I also found out that my companion and I will be in Damascus for another transfer so that is good, we are just starting to get warmed up. President Richards just called last night and told Elder Steed that he is going to become the new district leader so that is exciting. I have poison ivy on my arm, but after having all the epoxy stuff happen my arm doesn't really itch. Elder steed got it bad on his legs as the picture below illustrates. On Thursday he counted 31 poison ivy spots and then on Saturday he counted 61. It is growing exponentially on him. Scripture of the day is Heloman 5:12, I believe I have the reference right... It is the scripture on having a foundation in Christ.
Have a Great Week!
Elder Datwyler

Here is a cool little moth we found, enjoy!



Elder Steed said we couldn't smile since this is a sad picture, so I am not quite sure what my face is doing...



No comments:

Post a Comment